Feeding hens / Karmiąc kury

Three years ago, inspired by the picture above, I made a quilt - "Feeding hens". And as much as I liked the picture I didn't like my work.
Trzy lata temu, zainspirowana powyższym obrazkiem, uszyłam takie "Karmienie kur". I o ile obrazek podobał mi się bardzo to moja praca - wcale.
It is dull and sad. But it was a lot of work anyway. So now I came to the idea that I can try to improve it. At least I'm more experienced in hens and roosters, right?
I didn't know when to start so I'm just playing with all ideas which come to my mind. The first thing I changed was the fence.
Jest smutna i mdła. Ale jednak włożyłam w nią sporo pracy. No więc wpadłam na pomysł, że spróbuję ją ulepszyć. teraz przynajmniej mam większe doświadczenie z kurami i kogutami, prawda?
Nie wiedziałam od czego zacząć, więc po prostu wypróbowuję wszystkie pomysły, które przychodzą mi do głowy. Pierwszą rzeczą, którą zmieniłam jest płot.
The old one was like this:
Stary był taki:
And I think it is better now.
I myślę, że teraz jest lepiej.
The second thing was the contour added to the white hen.
Drugą rzeczą był kontur wokół białych kur.
And I prefer them with it.
I bardziej mi się z nim podobają.
The next idea was to add some interest to the lady. So I added hair decoration, beads on the apron and face contour.
Następnie postanowiłam podrasować troszkę karmiącą. Dodałam jej wianek, koraliki na fartuchu i kontur twarzy.
She feels much better :)
The next were flowers in the garden. What was I thinking before keeping the roses alone?
Teraz czuje sie lepiej :)
Następne - kwiaty w ogrodzie. Dlaczego przedtem zostawiłam tam same róże?
You see, I'm testing my ideas, keeping both versions together and comparing.
Widzicie, sprawdzam te swoje pomysły, porównując obie wersje jednocześnie.
There's a lot of work to do but I hope that I'm on the right patch. The changes are small but they really help.
Dużo tu jeszcze do zrobienia, ale myślę, że jestem na dobrej drodze. Zmiany są małe, ale naprawdę pomagają.
As for my market - still growing, of course :)
A co do rynku - oczywiście rośnie :)

Comments

Karen said…
How interesting to go back after three years and make changes. I don't think many would do that. Good for you! And, your market is coming along nicely. I look forward to the next addition.
Stephie said…
Fascinating to see your changes! I admit to doing things like that myself… I think you made a god decision :)

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen