The Year of The Rabbit / Rok Królika

 So now we are entering The Year of The Rabbit. Well, for me the rabbits are harder than hens. The most beautiful one was already done by Debbie, etegami artist. So why did I make one too? Beacuse it is my year :) I was born in a year of the rabbit and 4th of February is my Birthday! So I decided to add a rabbit to my Birthday cake.

A więc wchodzimy w Rok Królika. No cóż, króliki trudniejsze niż kury. Najładniejszego namalowała już Debbie, artystka etegami. To dlaczego jednak jakiegoś popełniłam? Bo to mój rok :) Urodziłam się w roku królika, a 4 lutego są moje urodziny! Postanowiłam więc dodać królika do mojego torciku.

 Do you remember it from the last year?
Pamiętacie go z ubiegłego roku?

So you may noticed that I've added something else:
To pewnie zauważyliście, że dodałam coś jeszcze:
 It is an allium flower from Janet's Haigh "The embroiderer's floral".

To kwiat czosnku z książki Janet Haigh "The embroiderer's floral".
I love this book not only for the great designs and ideas. Janet writes also about the symbolism of the flowers. Then, what's the meaning of allium? She said that she didn't find any reference to this particular plant in her books of symbolic meanings so she bestowed on it the attributes of courage, strenght and good luck. Sounds like a perfect flower for my Bday, doesn't it?

Lubię tę książkę nie tylko z powodu świetnych pomysłów. Janet pisze również o symbolice kwiatów. Zatem, dlaczego czosnek? Otóż, ponieważ autorka nie znalazła żadnej wzmianki na temat symboliki tego kwiatu w swoich źródłach, postanowiła sama mianować go kwiatem odwagi, siły i powodzenia. Dla mnie brzmi to jak idealny kwiatek urodzinowy, czyż nie?

Comments

dosankodebbie said…
You are kind to mention my etegami. But your rabbit is adorable too! I was born in the year of the sheep. See if you can figure out the difference in our ages. ha ha
Bo said…
Wszystkiego Najlepszego Bozenko

Krolik swietny (chociaz Twoje koguty bardziej mi przypadaja do gustu-ja sama kogut to chyba dlatego :),
kwiat czosnku zawsze budzi moj zachwyt a juz z takim znaczeniem to chyba sama popelnie jakiegos
Karen said…
Happy Birthday Bozena! I LOVE your rabbit and birthday cake. The flower is beautiful. I have the book too and just love it.
Anonymous said…
Sto lat, sto lat :) Sprawnych paluszków, sokolego wzroku, niezawodnej maszyny do szycia! Kwiat czosnku jest wspaniały. Pzdr Anna
molla said…
Spóźnione, ale szczere życzenia wszystkiego najlepszego z okazji urodzin!!!
To ma być dobry Rok!!
nieustająco pozostająca pod wrażeniem
Molla

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen