Back to the roots! / Do korzeni!

If you remember my old carrots you are not surprised that when I saw THIS picture I had an iinstant idea for a quilt:
Jeżeli pamiętacie jeszcze moje marchewki, to nie zdziwi Was, że patrząc na TO zdjęcie od razu miałam pomysł na quilt:
Well, it's rather a quiltlet but anyway :)
No, raczej quiltcik, ale jednak :)

Despite the fact that winter is still here, I'm longing for spring food.
Mimo, że ciągle jeszcze mamy zimę, bardzo tęsknię już za wiosennym jedzeniem.
That's why I find playing with roots in textiles so fulfilling :)
Dlatego chętnie bawię się korzonkami w tkaninie :)
It was really funny to make this humble parsley on rich, silk jacquard. Again - it's very difficult to photograph. The piece is pretty long and the silk is shinning like a crazy.
Bardzo spodobał mi się pomysł umieszczenia skromnej pitruszki na bogatym, jedwabnym żakardzie. I znowu - trudno zrobić temu dobre zdjęcie. Pietrucha jest raczej długa, a jedwab błyszczy się jak szalony.
 But frankly speaking, instead of playing with veggies I should finish two bigger projects for upcoming deadline. So - that's it for now.
Ale szczerze mówiąc, zamiast bawić się warzywami powinnam skończyć dwa większe projekty, bo termin tuż tuż. No to do roboty.



Comments

dosankodebbie said…
I totally love these. Have you considered embroidering some simple recipes (words) on your food art quilts? I like to combine images of vegetables with the words of a recipe on my etegami.
Katie said…
Loving your veggie wonders!!
Jola said…
Warzywa jak prawdziwe. Rewelacyjne są Twoje prace. Serdecznie pozdrawiam. Jola
Ha ha! Debbie, this idea was a starting point for this blog :) And now you make me to consider it again - watch out for creative cooperation :)

Thanks Katie and dzięki Jolu :)
Bo said…
jak zwykle warzywa z wyzszej polki u Ciebie
rzodkieweczki przesoczyste
pasja said…
Warzywka jak prawdziwe, Marchewkowe pole bardzo mi się podoba. Pozdrawiam

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen