Spring Hens / Wiosenne Kury

Initially I wanted to make new hen ornaments. But the more I looked around, the more hens I saw (just check out my "Hen House" on Pinterest!) and the more I wanted something more than just ornaments. And the longing for spring made me to work in green. So the first idea was born:
Początkowo chciałam zrobić nowe ornamenty. Ale im dłużej kombinowałam, im dłużej się rozglądałam (zobaczcie mój "Hen House" na Pintereście!), tym bardziej chciałam czegoś bardziej niż ornamenty. A tęsknota za wiosną popycha mnie do pracy w zieleni. I tak się urodził pierwszy pomysł:
Green grass, blue sky and white hens.
Zielona trawa, błękitne niebo i białe kury.
Some bits of red and black made it singing:
Odrobina czerwieni i czerni podostrzyła kolory:
But after finishing it started its own life...
Ale po skończeniu, praca zaczęła żyć własnym życiem...
What they were talking about? Oh, I got it...
O czym one tak gadają? Ach, już wiem...
Love..... So here we go:
Miłość... No to jesteśmy w domu:
Little romance in the hen house :) I used the remaining piece of the grass and made this small romantic hen and rooster piece.
Mały romans w kurniku :) Wykorzystałam resztkę trawy i uszyłam  romantyczną kurę z kogutem.
It was fun. But wait... there is more:
To było wesołe. Ale czekajcie... to jeszcze nie koniec:
Oh my, another romance! After making the previous one I was left with a green couple - hen and rooster in green. Don't know about green hens in real but everything is possible in art. Just needed some background:
No nie, kolejny romans! Po uszyciu tego poprzedniego została mi zielona parka - kura i kogut w zieleniach. W realu słyszałam tylko o zielononóżkach, ale w sztuce mogą być całe zielone. Potrzebne im tylko odpowiednie tło:
A bit dramatic but sunny :)
Nieco dramatyczne, ale słoneczne :)
My couple liked it but this time they wanted to be closer to each other :)
Parce się spodobało, tylko teraz chcieli być trochę bliżej siebie :)
No problem, at least I know that my hens are happy.
Nie ma sprawy, przynajmniej wiem, ze moje kury są szczęśliwe.
As for the ornaments - I made them too. But, well, the prototype of my Three French Hens wasn't accepted by my test group of viewers :(
A co do ornamentów - zrobiłam, owszem. Ale prototypowe Trzy Francuskie kurki nie przeszły kontroli jakości przed moją "grupą testową" :(
Yes, I wanted to try something new and I wanted it to be easier. So I made the hens a bit bigger and simplified. Unfortunately they lost their cuteness along the way. I was cheating myself that they are not so bad, but I also made a set with the "old" ones to compare. See yourself:
Tak, chciałam spróbować czegoś nowego i łatwiejszego. Więc zrobiłam kurki ciut większe i nieco prostsze. Niestety, po drodze straciły też swój urok. Mydliłam sobie oczy, że nie są takie złe, ale zrobiłam zestaw "starych" dla porównania. No i porównajcie sobie:
I wouldn't guess that the small changes will make such a difference. But it seems that I have to stick to my old, small, time consuming hens even if they are French and grouped in three.
Nie pomyślałabym, że takie małe zmiany spowodują aż taką różnicę w wyglądzie całości. No cóż, pozostanę więc przy moich starych, małych, pracochłonnych kurkach, naet jeżeli teraz są one francuskie i zgrupowane po trzy.
So that's how my Spring looks like so far. To top it all I even made one egg ornament :)
I tak właśnie wygląda u mnie na razie wiosna. A wszystko to podsumowałam jajecznym ornamentem :)
But no, I won't be making more eggs. I found the old ones and will be adding them as gifts to my March customers.And yes, all the hens will be available for sale as soon as I put them to my SHOP. Maybe tomorrow?
Ale nie, nie będę robiła więcej jajek. Znalazłam stare i postanowiłam dodawać je jako niespodzianki dla marcowych klientów. I wszystkie kury zaraz będą na sprzedaż, tylko muszę je załadować do SKLEPU. Może jutro?

Comments

Megi said…
Kury ,koguty ,wszystko piękne ,podziwiam Twoje prace ,cudne są :)
What a wonderful hen party - they're just gorgeous!
Jackie PN said…
Bozena, you are sooo talented- your fiber art is gorgeous and I hope someday it will hang in a gallery!! It should!!
My favorite is the first one with the chatty hens!! but I do love the in love ones as well! And for your French hens- I think they all are wonderful! thank you for sharing your start of spring! xo
Debbie said…
Love all of your hens, Bozena!
Cathy Daniel said…
Gorgeous as usual! Good to read about the whole thought process behind your decisions. Your Auriculas are wonderful too! Am reading about Phoebe Anna Traquair (1852-1936). Have you heard of her? Her medieval stuff reminds me of yours. You will love her work. xCathy

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen