Where the dragon sleeps / Gdzie smok śpi

Welcome to the New Year and to my new work. I told you in the previous post that I'm bad with resolutions and prefer to go with the flow. Little did I know where this will take me right from the beginning of a year.
It started innocently with a picture:
Witam w Nowym Roku i z nową pracą. Mówiłam ostatnio, że nie jestem dobra w postanowieniach i raczej będę płynąć z prądem. Ale nie miałam pojęcia dokąd może mnie on zaprowadzići to od razu na wstępie nowego roku. A zaczęło się niewinnie, od zdjęcia:
https://500px.com/hemmings
photo by Luke Hemmings
 I was exposed to this picture by my friend, poet and writer Louis Hemmings who knows my interests quite well. The picture was taken by his son Luke and, as you may guessed, I loved it from the first sight. 
Coincidentally it has happened that I was reminded of a well known Medieval embroidered dragon:
 Pokazał mi je przyjaciel, irlandzki pisarz i poeta Louis Hemmings, który dobrze wie, co mnie może zainteresować. Zdjęcie zrobił jego syn, Luke i, jak się zapewne domyślacie, pokochałam je od pierwszego wejrzenia.
Krótko po tym, przypomniał mi się pewien całkiem sławny, średniowieczny, haftowany smok:
And suddenly I knew where this dragon sleeps!
I od razu wiedziałam gdzie ten smok śpi!
It is very friendly and peaceful dragon and I'm very happy that I found a forest for him.
Oczywiście jest bardzo łagodny i przyjacielski, dlatego cieszę się, że znalazłam mu taki fajny las do spania.
While stitching all the details I thought a lot about the meanders of creativity and the sources of inspirations.
Podczas misternej dłubaniny sporo rozmyślałam o niezbadanych ścieżkach twórczości i źródeł inspiracji.
But it wasn't until I was ready to write this post when I realized, that there's another possible influential factor which made an impact on me during the process - take a look at the January flower from the art calendar 2017 drawn and painted by my talented daughter:
Ale dopiero gdy byłam gotowa do napisania tego postu, uświadomiłam sobie, że jest chyba jeszcze jeden czynnik, który na mnie wpłynął - zobaczcie kwiatka ze styczniowej kartki kalendarza tradycyjnie wyprodukowanego przez moją zdolną córeczkę:
It is a dangerous thing to be surrounded by creative individuals - you never know where they will take you consciously or not. But what a beautiful ride it is! Thank you Louis, Luke and Olcha, my dragon wouldn't come to life without you :)
Niebezpieczna sprawa takie codzienne obcowanie z artystami - nigdy nie wiadomo dokąd cię poniosą, świadomie czy nie. Ale jaka to cudowna podróż! Dzięki Louis, Luke i Olcho, bez Was mój smok nigdy by się nie urodził :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Таинственно! Мне очень нравится.
Louise Watson said…
What a beautiful dragon- maybe he is also sleeping through the Winter and waiting for Spring?
viel-krempel said…
Lovely composition!
I like the dragon very much ...
Annette
Debbie said…
Magical! Love the earthy colors.
Sue McQ said…
A sweet dragon all snuggled in for the winter. Olcha is truly gifted! No wonder as her Mom is so gifted, as well.
Abby / Linda said…
I am always in love with your work--each time I visit your blog! this is an awesome piece and I am glad you were so inspired!
Jackie PN said…
Bozena, you have absolutely captured the beauty of the photo as well as the dragon and your daughter's art!the way your mind works,just amazes me- you are so very very talented,my friend! much love and all the best wishes for the new year ahead,Jackie
Hafciarka said…
Zawsze nie mogę się napatrzeć! To jest niesamowite, tyle wyobraźni!
Goede Sier said…
Good story! It shows creative minds, can be triggered by all kinds of things. And when you go by the flow, you can act on this.
Danka K said…
Calkiem przyjemny smoczek. :D
Najlepszego w Nowym Roku!!!
Trillian As said…
This is a very beautiful work. It is really peaceful.
melancholia said…
znalazlam cie wlasnie przez przypadek!!! cudownosci same w mistrzowskim wykonaniu! pozdrawiam serdecznie i zostaje na dluzej ;) aneta
Ula said…
O Cudownie :) <3

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen