Botanical garden in a scale / Mały ogród botaniczny

Hello again after a long break! Well, I'm still working but mostly on secret projects and little or nothing to show. But now it's different - I finished this little jewel and have to share it with you immediately. The story of this "Botanical garden" started one year ago. Just after coming back from "Ziołowy Zakątek" - botanical herbal garden mentioned here many times.
Witam po nieoczekiwanej przerwie! Tak to, niestety jest, gdy się pracuje nad rzeczami nie-do-pokazania-na-razie, nie ma o czym pisać :) Ale dzisiaj jest - skończyłam taki drobiazg i muszę go Wam pokazać natychmiast. Idea  tego "Ogrodu botanicznego" narodziła się rok temu. Zaraz po powrocie z prawdziwego ogrodu w Zielonym Zakątku.
I knew and told you that the beauty and meaning of this garden made a huge impact on me. And the idea of embroidering small botanical garden went live immediately after the return.
Wiedziałam i mówiałam Wam, że urok tego ogrodu wywarł na mnie duży wpływ. Od razu postanowiłam uchwycić i zatrzymać go w tkaninie.
Yes, that's how I put many different patches for a background. And over dyed them with green. I wanted to capture all the diversity of plants which makes this place almost overwhelming but in a very good sense - you can literally dive there into herbs and plants of many species. And I didn't want to embroider every single one of them :)
Tak, taki był początek - różne kolorowe skrawki zszyte w "rabatki" i ufarbowane na zielono. Trochę tak, jak w tym prawdziwym ogrodzie - wielka rozmaitość gatunków wzajemnie się przenikająca i uzupełniająca, bioróżnorodność w pełnym tego słowa znaczeniu. A ja oczywiście nie chciałam haftować tego mnóstwa gatunków, chciałam tylko oddać atmosferę tego magicznego miejsca.
I also didn't want to depict any particular species - it was all about the feelings. That's why I wanted to embroider and quilt it by hand. So when I wanted to bring back this relaxing feeling of being in a real garden, I simply opened "Garden of Eden" (one of my botanical bibles), choose the plant and place for it and let my fingers play.
Nie miałam tu również żadnych ulubionych roślin do przedstawienia - chodziło o takie ogólne, roślinne emocje. Dlatego chciałam to szyć ręcznie. I wyglądało to tak, że jak miałam nastrój na zanurzenie się w takim zielonym oceanie spokoju, znajdowałam sobie roślinkę w "Garden of Eden", szukałam dla niej odpowiedniego miejsca i pozwalałam palcom działać.
You see what I mean? Very meditative process it was.
Widzicie? Bardzo medytacyjne zajęcie.
And oh, so joyful :) But it took one year to complete it (despite its small size - 13 x 17). You really need this special inner pace to work on something like this. No matter your skills (I'm rather fast and skilled, I guess), it is a slow process. There are thousands decisions you make along the way, every stitch has a meaning. You don't paint by numbers, you paint as you go.
Czysta radość. Ale roku potrzebowałam, żeby to skończyć (pomimo skromnego rozmiaru - 33 x 43 cm). No ale potrzeba do tego wyjątkowego spokoju umysłu i koncentracji. Nie jest to kwestia umiejętności technicznych (szyć raczej umiem i to szybko!), tu ciężko przyspieszyć. Każdy ścieg ma znaczenie, kolor nitki, kierunek, trzeba po prostu wolniutko płynąć i nie rozglądać się na boki. Jest tylko plan ogólny, a każdy następny krok wynika z poprzedniego.
Just take a side look:
Zobaczcie z boku:
Nice texture, isn't it? I decided to "frame" it with delicate silk fabric to keep the central part standing out. And I didn't have to choose the binding. Because the binding just came out of the blue - last week I received this lovely decorative tape from a close friend who had no idea about this project. Yes, it is this small dose of magic which just happens :)
Całość obramowałam cienkim jedwabiem, a lamówki nawet nie musiałam wybierać - sama do mnie przyszła. Tydzień temu dostałam taką pamiątkę z wakacji od przyjaciółki, która o tym projekcie nie miała zielonego (a jakże!) pojęcia. Tak, to taka odrobina magii, kiedy zagadki same się zgadują :)
And I know that it is not fashionable nowadays to create pieces like this. It doesn't pay off. Fortunately I'm an old school - it doesn't pay off but it is worth to :) And now I will shut up and let you dive into more details, please enjoy!
I oczywiście zdaję sobie sprawę, że tego typu projekty nie są teraz modne, bo nie są opłacalne. Na szczęście jestem staromodna i zgadzam się z klasykiem - nie opłaca się, ale warto. A teraz już się zamykam i dorzucam jeszcze kilka obrazków :)

Comments

Rachel said…
Lovely. Especially the idea that you can "let your fingers play" - what a delicious phrase!
Goede Sier said…
Exceptional! Beautiful. The result is great. And I can imagine that the process was just as good as the result. Thanks for sharing!
Louise Watson said…
Lovely to see your work again and the care you take in creating it.
Lin said…
Stunning! I love it. xx
Unknown said…
Gorgeous! I love the colors, and of course the workmanship is always superb.
Jackie PN said…
Absolutely exquisite Bozena!!
I can feel the serenity you experienced while creating this work of art!
yes, I am glad you are old school and create with your feelings, too many do not and that is why the art world sometimes feels overloaded with copycats and wannabees. Your textile art is always New and refreshing and this one is truly a masterpiece!
sending huge hugs,Jackie xx
Małgorzata said…
To jest przepiękne.
Bożena,jaki piękny. Jak bym chciała zobaczyć go naprawdę! Uwielbiam ogrody botaniczne. Jutro rano ruszam na wycieczkę do kolejnego :)
jenclair said…
Lovely! Thanks for sharing all of the detail pics!
Anny said…
Oh I'm drooling, it's absolutely gorgeous and I totally understand the process and the time involved, it's wonderful. xxx
cOto.patchwork said…
Ooooooo!!!!!!!
Wspaniały ogród! Chciałabym tam zamieszkać...
Piękna praca i wspaniały efekt!
Tante Mali said…
Wow, looks fantastic! What a fabulous work. Thank you for sharing and happy happy days
Elisabeth
Diana Napier said…
Very lovely. I especially like how you use fabrics of all sorts and then dye them with these beautiful unexpected results for the base of the embroidery. Such clever and wonderful ideas.
Ula said…
Śliczne! :)
Quilt Therapy said…
You are such an inspiration. I love plants and so many ideas are running in my head!

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen