Respect

Another Hildegard's from Bingen vision made in stitches. This is the biggest one (so far) - 65 cm in diameter. Don't know about you, but for me there's definitely the calming effect of looking at her 12th century model of the world and realising it is pretty much the same as today.
As long as the earth revolves it is all same old. It is not clear what is in the centre because it keeps changing through the centuries but it doesn't matter that much. If I was asked for the one thing that could make our life better it would be respect. And I mean it in the broad sense - respect for life, nature, our planet as well as respect for yourself and the others. Respect for the past and respect for the future. We are guests here and there's enough space for all of us. We don't have to like each other, we don't have to like animals or plants. It is enough to give them some respect - let them live their lives and remember we are nothing more or less.
Hope that with a bit of respect this beautiful planet will keep running for the next centuries.

Comments

danish said…
I Like to add one more important thing here, The Textile Market is expected to be around US$ 1,578.80 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 6.86% in the given forecast period.
Jackie PN said…
Bozena,
I was browsing through some of your posts when I came across this one. First of all, this piece is stunning! Truly gorgeous, and as I am not familiar with Hildegard, I will do some research.
As for your words, there were and are never truer words about Respect. You said it all beautifully and i could not agree more,my friend.
love and hugs,Jackie
Thank you, Jackie! Your thoughtful comments always bring joy to my soul!

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen