Where the inspiration comes from? / Skąd przychodzi inspiracja?

Oh, that's easy - it comes from everywhere :)
Last year (thanks to Janet!) I bought this book. It is a great book, with lots of illustrations and interesting facts. You have to know that I have a work in progress (from years now) "Castle of love" and in this book I've found some more castles of this type! Anyway - I thought it would be a good idea to focus on love and to study this topic in the kitchen context. Imagine my surprise when Santa (not knowing about my plans) brought me a nice cardigan:

Och, to proste - inspiracja przychodzi zewsząd :)
W ubiegłym roku (dzięki Janet!) kupiłam sobie tę książkę. Jest fantastyczna, mnóstwo obrazków i ciekawe informacje. Musicie wiedzieć, że zaczęłam taką pracę (już kilka lat temu) "Zamek miłości" i w tej książce znalazłam jeszcze kilka tego typu zamków! Ale do rzeczy - pomyślałam sobie, że to byłby dobry pomysł skoncentrować się na miłości, np. w obszarze kuchni. Wyobraźcie sobie moje zaskoczenie gdy Mikołaj (nie wiedząc o moich planach) przyniósł mi taki ładny sweterek:

And, if it wasn't enough, it has something on the back:

A, jakby tego było mało, to ma jeszcze coś na plecach:

And on the pocket:

I na kieszonce:

Sweet, isn't it? Well, it is just not my type of "sweetness" :( You can see on the picture above that I started removing the heart immediately causing a little disaster. Ok, so I can't remove them, I will have to cover them. But I can remove the buttons!

Słodki, prawda? Tylko, niestety, nie jest to ten typ "słodyczy", którą lubię najbardziej :( Zresztą widać na zdjęciu, że od razu zaczęłam usuwać serduszko powodując małą katastrofę. No dobrze, nie mogę ich usunąć, to będę musiała je zakryć. Ale mogę usunąć guziki!

Can you believe it? 21 (lucky number!) little hearts from one cardigan (size S)??? Of course I immediately had a vision of a quilt - woman sorrounded by little hearts while cooking. And I know why I had this vision. Short before the Christmas I discovered a poem. It is about a woman in the kitchen sorrounded by, no, unfortunately not by hearts. And I knew, I have to sew this picture. And then, the idea was born - two women (same woman on different days, that's better), two pictures. But the one with hearts will go first (there's Valentine's Day coming soon, we need hearts!) :)

Dacie wiarę? 21 (oczko!) małych serduszek z jednego małego (S) sweterka??? Oczywiście od razu wyobraziłam sobie uszyty obrazek - kobieta otoczona małymi serduszkami w czasie gotowania. I wiem dlaczego tak to sobie wyobraziłam. Krótko przed Świętami odkryłam wiersz. O kobiecie w kuchni otoczonej, no niestety, nie serduszkami. I wiedziałam, że uszyję taki obrazek. No i tak powstał pomysł - dwie kobiety (a raczej ta sama kobieta, ale w innym nastroju), dwa obrazki. Ale ten z serduszkami najpierw ( w końcu Walentynki niedługo, potrzebujemy serduszek!) :)

Here's her kitchen. In blue and white. Why? Probably because of an old image well known in Poland - the wallhanging in blue work with saying:
"A good wife so proud was,
to cook what her Men liked the most"

To jest jej kuchnia. Biało - niebieska. Dlaczego? Pewnie dlatego, że na twardo zapisała mi się stara makatka:
"Dobra żona tym się chlubi,
że gotuje co mąż lubi"

What's in the pot?

A co w garnku?

Something yummy, I guess :)
And here is SHE - remember her, she is going to be my role model for the next work too :)

Pewnie coś pysznego :)
A oto i ONA - zapamiętajcie ją, będzie moją modelką także później :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Old Garden collection / Ogrodowa kolekcja