Creative ferments smell like roses

Last summer I went crazy with fermenting veggies. It wasn't my first attempt to it but this time I started looking at them along the process. I like to try different combinations both for taste and... for the color.
So the ideas for new textile works started to pop up.
Yes, watching fermenting radish, zucchini and garlic made me to create roses. My main focus was on the background - hand dyed it myself to repeat this smokey rose hue.
But wait, roses come in all colors, don't they?
Yellow pepper, radish and turnip resulted in another roses' idea - this time "Colorful rose garden" was born.
Both of these wall hangings are available for sale HERE, as I'm sure that more will follow.
Actually I already have an idea for another rosy piece but this time it will be slightly different. Of course you don't think that my ferments are only for artistic inspiration, right? I really eat them in big quantities. And I make them all year round.

Comments

hrabina said…
Wspaniale wyszło, róże są piękne. Sama nie wiem które podobają mi się bardziej. Chyba nie potrafiłabym wybrać.
Moją uwagę zwrócił fragment kredensu w tle(to chyba kredens). Te szufladki...cudo.
Kredens stary, prawdziwy i szufladek w nim moc :)
hrabina said…
Czyli jednak kredens! Uwielbiam takie meble. Niedawno odnawiałam swój - inny styl zupełnie, szufladek nie ma, ale tez stary. Ten Twój oczy rwie, że tak to ujmę :) Jak bym go gdzieś u siebie zobaczyła, to chyba na głowie bym stanęła żeby kupić.

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Old Garden collection / Ogrodowa kolekcja