Vegetable animal / Warzywne zwierzę

While working on the "Market" I keep reading and watching lots of interesting veggie-oriented materials. Now I have to share with you my latest discovery.
Pracując nad "Rynkiem" czytam i oglądam mnóstwo rzeczy o tematyce warzywno-owocowej. I muszę podzielic się z Wami moim najnowszym odkryciem.
Isn't he lovely? And there's another one:
Czyż nie jest słodki? I ma kolegę:
And there's a story behind them. Vegetabull is a common work of Le Witt and Him tandem, two graphic designers working together in 1930's. I must confess, that their names said nothing to me. So imagine my surprise when it turned out that George Him was born in my city, Lodz. And he illustrated some iconic Polish children poems by Julian Tuwim "The Turnip", "The Birds' Broadcast" and "Locomotive" - this one was known by heart by few generations of kids. But he did much more than this. He was a well known graphic designer with very impressive body of works. I also found a poster which may inspire another wallhanging in my "Salad"-style:
Ale to tylko część odkrycia, bo te byczki doprowadziły mnie do czegoś ciekawszego. Vegetabull to wspólne dzieło tandemu Le Witt i Him, dwóch grafików współpracujących ze sobą w latach 30. ubiegłego wieku. Przyznam, że ich nazwiska nic mi nie mówiły. Dlatego wyobraźcie sobie moje zdumienie, gdy okazało się, że George Him urodził się w moim mieście, Łodzi. I był ilustratorem Tuwimowskiej "Rzepki", "Ptasiego Radia" i "Lokomotywy"! Ale w swym twórczym życiu dokonał znacznie więcej, pozostawiając wielki dorobek i znane nazwisko. Znalazłam też jego plakat, który może mnie zainspirować do kolejne makatki w stylu "Sałaty":
But as for now I keep adding veggies and fruit to my old market:
A na razie dodaję kolejne owoce i warzywa do mojego starego rynku:

Comments

Karen said…
A wonderful post!!

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen